Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back into routine.....

So I'm back in Cork since the second week of March, but it's taken me a while to get back into the swing of things. Back to work and kids back to school was relatively easy, but made the mistake of assuming that I would treat Rottnest as a training swim and just keep on swimming afterwards. It took the body a bit of time to recover, and of course we were on holidays, so sticking to the training schedule didn't happen. We had another long session in the pool on the 26th of March where I really paid for my time off. Just over 6 hours in the pool and then into the sea for a quick dip. I must admit I was paranoid about getting into the sea after being in the lovely warm Indian Ocean, however I was pleasantly surprised and it was just the kick start I needed to get the head sorted. Since then I have managed two 10 minute sessions in the river which has been freezing, but has the same effect on my aching muscles as an ice cold bath. A few more dips and I should be ready for longer stints. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment