Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fantastic 8 hour swim....

Ok, so the weather didn't settle at all, can't remember when it rained so much except for our last lovely Irish summer, but it does make me realise how lucky I have been with my training all along-it could have been like this the whole time! Despite the downpour, we were lucky enough to get a window of opportunity to get my 8 hour swim behind me yesterday. It went really well, couldn't have been better, conditions went from flat to choppy, Derek and Mick my fabulous crew members fed me flawlessly from the kayak, which mustn't have been easy in the rain, and trying to fill my bottles with hot water from a flask while balancing the kayak must have been fun! Got stung by loads of nasty jellies and attacked by sea lice, but figure that this is now one more element of surprise out of the way if it happens on the day. Tired getting out but delighted. My last long swim before THE swim! Thanks heaps to my support team and to Simone Mulcahy who had the tea and chocolates ready!
Looking forward to Nick and Simone's swim today which should be fun and relaxing. Hope the weather improves just a bit for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment