Monday, July 26, 2010

Last swim at Sandycove....


The sun came out, the friends came down, and a lovely swim was had on Sunday. Rob Bohane, Ciaran Byrne and Gabor Molnar were at the end of their 8 hour swim when Donal Buckley, Liz Buckley and myself joined them for the last 3 laps. Liam Maher joined us for the last leg. There were loads of other regular Sandycove swimmers either in the water, or milling around enjoying the weather. Had a lovely feeling when we finished the last lap, all of us in a straight line as if it was organised that way. Nearly a year of training together and it was a lovely way to finish my last swim with them before I head off.


Last minute addition to the crew is Lisa Cummins, which I'm thrilled about. Will be lovely to have some female company, not to mention her experience after her two way crossing last year.


So, I head for Dover this Friday with Mick, Derek, John and Lisa. Getting very excited in between stuffing myself with pasta etc at every available opportunity.


Not sure exactly when the swim will start, but will update the blog as soon as I do.


Thanks everyone for the well wishes on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. go Jen !!! discovered your website while searching for 2010 Beginish Island Swim results ... best wishes from Oregon !

    ReplyDelete